Every year 46 million new workers join in the world’s labor force and many of them are from developing countries. The global youth unemployment rate is 12.6% in 2013 and the rate may increase to 12.8% by 2018. As long as the rate of unemployment is increasing, it will increase regional disparities; and improvements in world economic order will offset by youth unemployment.
Reduction of employment disproportionately will affect young and disadvantaged people. As such if we can develop new entrepreneurs, then it can play a crucial role in creating self –employment opportunities as well as jobs for others. It will add value, create corner stone and competitive advantage can be ensured which will give long run sustainability from the point of view of individualistic as well as social perspective of the country.
Bangladesh intends to become the Middle Income country by 2021. To achieve the target, Bangladesh has to create employment opportunities. Ensuring more employment generation is feasible mainly through creation of entrepreneurship. To expedite the process, through offering Bachelor of Entrepreneurship Program under Faculty of Business & Economics, Daffodil International University (DIU) has come forward with great initiative to support young potential minds to become an entrepreneur. Young entrepreneurs who will cater the need of the society will not depend on others for job.
A good number of top ranking universities of the world are now providing programs related to Entrepreneurship Development. Harvard University currently offers 33 entrepreneurship-related graduate courses. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of Southern California, University of California, Berkeley, Cornell University, University of Texas at Austin, Duke University, Northwestern University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgetown University, Arizona State University, Brown University, University of California Irvine, Indiana University, Bloomington, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Syracuse University, Tufts University, The Whitman School of Management at Syracuse and others ,world class universities are trying to offer undergraduate programs on Entrepreneurship development.
Bachelor of Entrepreneurship program is the process of developing conceptual and practical skills and knowledge of entrepreneurs through various extensive training and classroom programs. The whole process of entrepreneurship development is to increase good number of entrepreneurs. By doing this, the speed at which new businesses or ventures are made gets better. On a wider level, this makes room for employment and improves the economy of a business or country. Students will get the following benefits under the program:
- To identify and evaluate a new venture opportunities
- To transform creative business ideas into innovative products and services
- To Interpret market, customer, and demand-supply relationship
- To develop marketing plan, improve social networking skills and gain the ability to pitch an idea
- To navigate the venture capital investment process
- To start his/her own venture successfully
- To enhance and expand their social networks
- To exchange knowledge and views
- To develop his/her products
- To manage Human Resources
- To eliminate gender discrimination
- To use DIU incubator for his/her new endeavor
DIU is a University with…
- A forty Acres Permanent Campus.
- Rich and fully automated library.
- A full-fledged research center.
- A Startup Restaurant & Café to create innovative ideas and exchange of views for transforming entrepreneurial activities.
- A Start-up Market & Lab for students.
- A Startup Fund Facility for New Venture
- A Business Incubator for new venture.
- Professionalism with close links to Industry and Business Organizations.
- One Student One Laptop project.
- Financial Aids to the meritorious and poor students in different categories.
- A Hostel Facility both for male and female students.
- Opportunities for higher studies in Europe, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, and North America.